Saturday, June 22, 2013

In the family unit it is unavoidable to have challenges, trials, or a family crisis. Each of our families at one point or another will be faced with a crisis. How we choose to respond to those moments can change the relationships we have within our family. It can strengthen them, or it can diminish them, but we make the decision of how it affects us and our family. For example, I was about 13 years old when my parents told me we were moving to the opposite end of the United States. I was upset, sad, mad, and I didn't want to go. To me at the time, even though I was only 13, it was a crisis. I would lose my friends, and I didn't know how to be the new kid and make new friends. We moved, and for some time it was miserable and it was a challenge for the rest of my siblings too. However, my parents were positive, understanding, and supportive during this time. With time, it turned this "crisis" into a great experience that has helped me learn, grow, and become more independent. As Elder F. Enzio Busche said, "Embrace this day with enthusiastic hope, no matter how it looks." If we apply this to our lives, with our families, and we embrace any day with hope through any challenge or crisis we will be able to reap the benefits and blessings from it and our family relationships will strengthen in this challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment